Top 5 BA Distance Education in Punjab – B. A. The curriculum provides education in a variety of contexts. Chandigarh University Distance Education B.A. The program aims to provide education that is accessible to students with a wide range of educational backgrounds and professional and personal circumstances. With various subjects offered, this curriculum has been developed for the all-around development of the student and to inculcate various skills in them.
Distance learning at universities has over the years become one of the most popular ways for international students to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree. This involves everything from busy adults looking to improve their careers, to stay-at-home moms as well as young people who want to study abroad but can’t afford it.
So, how do online degrees offered by international universities manage to provide quality education to a diverse group of learners? In other words, how is online learning shaping the world of global education?
Here are the Top 5 BA Distance Education in Punjab
1st out of the Top 5 BA Distance Education in Punjab
Chandigarh University Distance BA
Chandigarh Distance University BA or Bachelor of Arts degree is a 3-year undergraduate course pursued by students after completing 12th certification for higher studies. This University is presenting distance BA courses to students who are not able to conduct regular classes and want to seek higher studies.
The university focuses on training the students professionally to impart adequate knowledge through the effective learning process. The curriculum is the study of arts and sciences.
Contact Details of Chandigarh University Distance BA
Address: SCO-223 First Floor, Sector – 36 D, Chandigarh – 160036
Business Phone Number:+91-160-3044444,+91-8067947100
2nd out of the Top 5 BA Distance Education in Punjab
Lovely Professional University (LPU)
This University is a private university located on the outskirts of Jalandhar, Punjab It is the largest single-campus university in India with a staff of over 30,000 students, over 4000 faculties and over 200 programs. Acknowledged by UGC and is also a member of AIU. LPU has been ranked among the top 200 universities in the world as per the Times Ranking of Impact Education 2020.
The university is highly ranked on various parameters by the accrediting bodies and is the recipient of various awards including the Best Private University Award by ASSOCHAM. again in 2017. Presented by Shri Prakash Javadekar Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. With an internationally benchmarked curriculum, innovative pedagogy, experiential learning and 200+ overseas tie-ups for equitable and affordable quality education, the University is poised to establish itself as a centre of excellence in research. Admission to LPU Jalandhar is done on the basis of LPUNEST conducted by the university. Apart from LPUNEST, the university also accepts several other national level entrance exams for admission. Admission to LPU in all programs is done through online mode.
LPU in collaboration with Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC), Division of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India has inaugurated a 5-day long ‘Blended Education and Adaptation for New Era of Learning’ for participants from 20+ countries. In addition, one LPU student has been placed in Comvault with a CTC of 20-24 LPA.
Contact Details of Lovely Professional University (LPU)
Address: Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar – Delhi G.T. Road, Phagwara, Punjab (India), 144411
Business Phone Number: +91-1824-521360 ,1800 3001 1800
3rd out of the Top 5 BA Distance Education in Punjab
Panjab University (PUCHD)
This university is established in 1882 as Punjab Lahore University (now in Pakistan), Panjab University was shifted to Chandigarh as East Punjab University after the partition of India in 1947, where the university was divided between Pakistan and India. . Panjab University has 188 affiliated colleges and is spread across regions of Punjab, with one rural regional centre at Kauni, and 3 Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana and Hoshiarpur.
(PU) Panjab University is a central and state government-funded university. The University also has 6 Constituent Colleges located at Sikhwala (Shri Muktsar Sahib), Balachaur (SBS Nagar), Nihal Singh Wala (Moga), Dharamkot (Moga), Mokham Khan Wala (Firozpur) and Guru Harsahai (Firozpur).
Panjab University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma/PG Diploma, Certificate and Professional courses in streams like Business and Management Studies, Accounting and Commerce, Arts (Fine/Visual/Performance), Design, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, Medicine and does. Health Sciences, and Science.
Contact Details of Panjab University (PUCHD)
Address: Sector 14, Chandigarh, 160014
Business Phone Number: 0172 253 4867
4th out of the Top 5 BA Distance Education in Punjab
Posted by Government College
Posted by Government College Sector 11, now a single-education institution was established in 1953. In some years, according to them, we have one institute syllabus and one for various modifications like management, management, business etc. A series on education, creative, social, cultural, sports and world communication for the whole world.
It finally moved to its present building in Sector 11 on October 13, 1960. Since its inception, its infrastructure and enrollment have seen steady growth. The college building which was originally designed by E. Maxwell Fry to accommodate 700 students now houses an additional 3272 students in infrastructure.
The college was seen as a pioneer institution that had its own impact on the educational and cultural map of ‘City Beautiful’. An iconic temple of learning, (only in the footsteps of the famous Government College, Lahore), which could develop into a centre of intellectual and aesthetic activities in the region. Being the first college in the city, it has remarkably proved itself for its role as a torchbearer in the entire gamut of a broad-based education. The objective of the college is to provide a conducive environment and creative channels to its young scholars for the full development of their multidimensional personalities. It has always been our endeavour to direct our collective efforts towards the development of intellectual talent, moral integrity and moral awareness, so as to shape young boys and girls into responsible and responsible members of society. ‘Higher and higher still is the motto of the college.
Contact Details of Posted by Government College
Address: Sector – 11, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh, 160011
Business Phone Number:+91-172–2740597
5th out of the Top 5 BA Distance Education in Punjab
Khalsa College, Amritsar
Khalsa College Amritsar is an autonomous college established in 1892. The college is affiliated with Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. NAAC has recognized the college with an ‘A’ grade. In addition, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has rated the college as ‘College Potential for Excellence’. The campus of the institute is spread over an area of 330 acres and has a total of 64 faculty members. According to the college website, Khalsa College Amritsar mission is to promote creativity and originality. The college offers programs at three levels – Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate.
Some of the popular courses offered by the college are B.Com, B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), M.Com, MA, M.Phil. etc. The institute directs an entrance exam for admission in B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc. (Hons) Food Science & Technology, BPT, M.Sc. Agriculture, M.Sc. Food Technology and M.Phil. program. The marks of the candidates in the final qualifying examination are considered for admission to the remaining UG and PG courses. Khalsa College Amritsar offers 72 college level, state level and national level scholarships to the students. The placing activities of the college are conducted by the Training and Placement Cell of the college.
The facilities and infrastructure have been updated for the students in the Khalsa College Amritsar campus. The college has a library, hostel, playground etc. Various sports and cultural programs are organized by the college every year.
Contact Details of Khalsa College, Amritsar
Address: Khalsa College, G.T. Road, Amritsar-143002, Punjab (India)
Business Phone Number: 0183-5015511, 2258097, 5014411
What is Distance BA Course?
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) is a comprehensive interdisciplinary undergraduate degree program that includes general education, electives and core areas of study. The BA is a manageable degree that offers students the optimal balance between a specified sequence of studies and flexible course options.
The distance education university for Bachelor of Arts (BA) course in correspondence mode accommodates various students who may have different vocational specialities.
Following are some of the topics which are covered in the distance BA course:
- Foundation Course in Science and Technology
- History of Urdu Language
- History of Urdu Literature
- Urdu poetry
- Urdu non-fiction prose
- Modern Indian Political Thought
BA or Bachelor of Arts in one-year distance education in India is a degree awarded to a person who successfully completes graduation in any branch of liberal arts. It is the oldest known degree in the world. BA is an abbreviation for “Bachelor of Arts”.
The person who completed the degree course is known as BA in distance education in one year in India. The Bachelor of Arts course requires 3 to 4 years to complete, although it varies from country to country. It is necessary to study 5 subjects while doing the course.
The desired subjects are given to the students in the form of Major and Minor. The subjects are English, French and other similar language subjects, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Religious Studies, and many more. Careful training is provided to the students based on the subject chosen.
Why study BA Distance Education?
BA Distance Learning is planned learning which takes place at a different location than teaching. Distance learning has been chosen by millions of students across India over the years who have limited time, distance or physical ability.
Some of the reasons to choose MCA distance education are:
- The cost of education is low and the cost of buying books is low.
- Anyone can work while doing BA distance education. This is an advantage for various students in India who are too poor to resume their studies.
- There are many colleges that offer BA distance education which helps in providing more college options to the students to choose from.
- BA Distance Education provides an opportunity to earn a degree in computer applications without college or classroom study.
- It betters a person to keep himself renewed with the subject without dropping his job.
The documents required for the admission process of BA Distance Education are given below:
- class 12 board exam mark sheet
- pass certificate of class 12 board exam
- Own address stamp on 3 envelopes.
- Community, Birth and Income Certificate in original (in case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OEC/ OBC who are eligible for mark relaxation/ fee concession)
- Self-attested copy of S.S.L.C/S.S.C page mentioning the date of birth etc.
- Certificate from the employer seeking relaxation in minimum marks in case of teachers, government employees, university employees etc.
Distance BA Course Fees:
The common fee for the course is INR 4000 to 15000 per annum. The course fee may differ based on the University/College offering the course.
BA Distance Education Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for BA distance education varies from college to college. The basic eligibility criteria that everyone has to follow are mentioned below:
- Students must have passed the 10+2 board exam
- Getting more than 50% ensures a good college education.
- There is no age limit while applying for BA in Distance Education.
Who should do BA?
- Students who wish to study different cultures and backgrounds may consider pursuing a BA in Literature.
- Those interested in human psychology and how to deal with emotional stress and related health complications may study a BA Psychology.
- BA also allows students who want to explore the Earth and its history, study Geography through BA Geography or study History through BA History.
- Students who wish to specialize in any one language can consider doing a BA in various specializations like BA Hindi, BA English, BA French, etc.
- BA also gives to the students who want to make their career in journalism, BA Journalism and want to get a job in top reputed media companies.
When to do BA?
After completing the 12th class, students can consider doing a BA course.
There is no need to take a drop year or pursue any other course, as the admission process for BA courses is very convenient.
Top BA colleges consider students with 95% or more marks in class 12 for admission to their BA courses.
So, a candidate should aim to get good marks in class 12 itself and do a BA right after that to get admission to the best BA colleges in India.
BA course admission process
Admission to BA courses in India is offered through both merit and entrance test based admission.
- BA Admission through Merit: Colleges prepare their cut-off list, and if you have scored within that criteria then you are eligible to take admission in that program. In elite colleges like Hindu College, Miranda House, Gargi College etc the cut-off list goes up to 98% for Bachelor of Arts.
- BA Admission through Admission: Some colleges like Banaras Hindu University, University of Delhi and more take admission through gateways like JNUEE, BHU UET, DUET, etc. The scores in these entrance tests and/or class XII marks are considered during admission to the BA course.
The Bachelor of Arts process of admission for both eligibility and admission forms is same with registration, document uploading and application fee. The only difference is that in the case of admission through admission one needs to collect the admit card and sit for the admission.
BA Admission 2021
- BA Admission 2021 is majorly done on the basis of class 12 merit. Some colleges like BHU, St. Xavier’s, Jadavpur University and Loyola College conduct entrance exams.
- A candidate must have secured 50% marks in class 12 to be eligible for BA Admission 2021. Top BA colleges ask for a high qualifying score of 90% or above.
- The registrations for BA Admission 2021 usually start during the month of May and June 2021.
- BA Admission 2021 in IGNOU will start from June 2021 and the last date of registration is September 2021 tentatively.
- Top BA entrance exams include- JNUEE, Calcutta University Entrance Exam, NPAT, IPU-CET, BHU-UET, TISSBAT.
BA entrance exam
- Students who want to pursue a BA course are required to clear the entrance test listed for the course.
- Admission to BA courses is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test and interview round conducted by the respective universities.
- There are many entrance exams like BHU-UET, IPU-CET, TISSBAT, JNUEE, NPAT etc. for which the candidate can apply depending on the college he/she wants to apply for.
BA Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
Top BA Colleges in India admit students on the basis of class XII marks. The BA cut-off score in Miranda, Gargi, Hindu goes up to 98-99%. Hence, it becomes important to prepare well for class 12 exams as well as entrance exams.
- Keep track of the colleges you wish to apply to and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Try to ensure that applications for BA colleges should be submitted well in advance for a hassle-free process.
- While preparing for the entrance it is necessary to make a proper timetable.
- One should have an adequate idea about what is happening in the world and around the world, as well as stay updated about colleges, examinations and admission procedures.
- BA degree holders become eligible to work in both government and private sectors with an average salary ranging from 4-7LPA.
- Educational institutions, economic development, export companies, foreign affairs, law firms, lobbying firms, media houses, etc. are some of the main domains for these candidates to work in.
- BA course students with less than 1 year of experience can assume a minimum salary of around Rs 18,000- 25,000. In cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, etc., you can expect a minimum salary of INR 22,000- 28,000.
- In other cities, the minimum salary may start from INR 15,000-18,000 but it largely depends on the job profile and company.
- Deloitte, ITC Hotels, NIIT, Byju’s, Topper, BCG, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, KPMG, Accenture, etc are some of the top recruitment companies for Bachelor of Arts.
Courses After BA
- After BA candidates can also go for professional courses like MBA, LLB, B.Ed etc.
- Apart from these, there are also many professional diploma courses like Photography, Language Studies (French, Spanish, etc.), Graphic Designing, Digital Marketing etc. which will help you get a better job in the market.
- Students with BA degrees can do MBA courses. The eligibility criteria for MBA is to be an undergraduate course with more than 50%.
- To study MBA after BA, students have to prepare for the MBA entrance exam.
- Since there is no bar on the age of the student for pursuing LLB, pursuing LLB after BA is no longer a problem.
- Students with a bachelor’s degree can pursue LLB which will last for 3 years.
Here we provided the list of Top 5 BA Distance Education in Punjab for you in your teaching or learning. Distance learning is certainly no magic bullet and there will always be room for classroom learning. At the same time, distance education still has immense potential to reach students and connect teachers and learners in new ways. From increased flexibility to new learning styles, it seems likely that the future of learning will be as diverse in time and space as it is in thought.