Distance MSc.IT education in Punjab focuses on enabling the technically competent in the aspects related to the theory of information technology, its application, and research. The objective of the program is to make students eligible for the IT industry as well as research programs.
Distance MSc.IT education in Punjab is designed to impart theoretical as well as application knowledge to students and prepare them for research. Although most concepts and subjects are similar to most computer courses, however, some subjects are different. Students are also expected to submit a thesis and project at the end of the program.
MSc.IT: What is it about?
After graduation, this is a very popular option amongst the students who want to build their career in the field of Information Technology.
- MSc.IT Syllabus also covers many topics of cybersecurity. So, students also are trained in ethical hacking and hacking prevention.
- The candidates are also given insights into data analysis and various techniques involved in data science.
- As we all know, the future of the world lies in the IT sector, hence the future prospect of this degree is pretty bright.
- This course provides knowledge about programming, database management, projects management, object-oriented programming (OOP), OS, etc.
- Through this course, students will learn to solve various types of problems through computer programming and application designing.
Distance MSc.IT Education in Punjab Eligibility
Correspondence To apply for the MSc Information Technology course, the candidate must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, as mentioned below.
- Candidates should have passed graduation from a recognized university in a relevant discipline.
- Some examples of relevant subjects are IT / CS, BCA, BE / BTech in IT or CS, with B.Com IT as a subject.
- Although the criteria for minimum marks requirement varies from university to university, most top universities demand a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.
- Other eligibility criteria like the minimum age, etc. can vary depending on the institution. The candidate must confirm the eligibility criteria from the official website of the institute.
Distance MSc.IT Education in Punjab Admission Process
Institutions that accept entrance exam scores like TANCET, DUET, TISSNET, etc. only accept the admission application of candidates who have secured a valid rank in any of the M.Sc IT entrance exams. Based on the marks of the entrance examination, a merit list is prepared and the counseling process is conducted before the final allocation of seats.
Their correspondence considers the merit-based admission granting institutions in the B.Sc IT program the marks of the final merit test in which candidates appeared. Again a merit list is prepared based on the marks of the qualifying examination and seats are allotted accordingly.
How to prepare for MSc.IT Entrance Exams?
The entrance exams for admission to correspondence MSc.IT generally have questions from the following topics:
- Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
- C Programming
To crack the correspondence MSc.IT examinations, a candidate must be proficient in each of these subjects. You can follow the points given below to prepare well for the entrance exam.
- There should be a clear concept about topics like Mathematics, C Programming, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning to score well in the exam.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours, hence one should allocate proper time to each section.
- It would be beneficial for an aspirant to maintain a separate notebook where they can compile important formulas and points for a quick revision.
- Given the time frame, the C programming section can prove to be difficult. Therefore, candidates should practice solving coding problems very quickly.
- Candidates are advised to solve previous year’s question papers and at least 20-30 mock tests before appearing for the actual examination.
- Aspirants should not panic and write the exam with calmness and positivity in mind.
Other Certification Courses after M.Sc. in Information Technology
There are various certification courses available, which can be adopted by candidates who have completed the correspondence MSc. In Information Technology degree. Some popular courses include the following.
- Diploma Program in Multimedia & Web Technology
- Hardware Network & Security Courses
- Digital Film Making Courses
- Video Editing & Visual / Special Effects courses
- Web Designing & Development Courses
- Software Programming & Development Courses
- Animation Courses
- Designing Courses
How to get admission to a good college?
These are the few tips candidates should follow to get admitted to top MSc.IT colleges.
- For colleges offering direct admission, the candidate should focus on their graduation and score very good marks.
- Though the minimum eligibility percentage required is 50%, the cutoff of the top institutes generally ranges between 80% to 85%.
- For colleges offering admission through the entrance exam, candidates should prepare carefully for admission, solve previous year papers and revise all the subjects to get a good score.
- The candidate should try to attempt at least 80% of the question paper. Only then they will be able to fetch safer ranks.
Distance MSc.IT Education in Punjab Course Suitability
- Those who are willing to enter the teaching field at a higher level i.e. college and university level in both private and government institutions are a good option for this.
- They should be aware of things like downloading and installing software on a hard disk; Understand and manage the computer’s file structure and install and install operating system updates.
- They should also possess the know-how like Presentation (example: PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheet (example: Excel); PDF reader (example: Acrobat Reader, Preview), and Compression software (example: WinZip, StuffIt).
How is the M.Sc Information Technology Course Beneficial?
- They can go for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as research work during M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- They can also become teachers and lecturers after this degree course on a private basis and they may have a permanent job after passing some other required qualifications (like B.Ed and UGC-NET).
- The information technology sector encompasses a wide range of activities such as office automation, telecommunications, and computing; Therefore, it provides a large field of job for those who have acquired the right qualifications.
Why pursue a Distance MSc.IT Education in Punjab?
There are many benefits of pursuing a correspondence MSc.IT, some of them are mentioned below.
Opportunities of working in different fields: After completing this course, candidates can not only get employed in the IT sector, but they can also find very good jobs in finance, banking, data analytics, and teaching fields.
Bright future scope – After this course, the person can not only switch to many other fields but can also pursue further studies and pursue a PhD. Students can also work as researchers after the course is completed.
Great Job opportunities– The IT sector has many jobs as it is one of the fastest-growing industries. After MSc IT, top MNCs can serve in various roles such as software developer, IT analyst, maintenance engineer, application programmer, etc.
Entrepreneurship– Many students opt to be an entrepreneur after completing the course, thus exploring the field of Management and Administration.
Renowned Recruiters– Students with this degree get the opportunity to work for top IT firms like TCS, Infosys, IBM, Accenture, etc.
Demand for the course is expected to increase in the future – The IT sector is expected to grow at a rate of 15% to 20% in the coming years. Therefore, industry-related skills will also be useful in the future.
Higher Salary– Due to various options and various roles of choice, one can get a decent salary after the completion of the course. The median MSc IT salary lies around 3 LPA but it can go as high as 15 LPA.
Distance MSc.IT Education in Punjab Career Options and Job Prospects
Whether it is research, teaching, or IT field, all options correspondence are open upon completion of MSc. IT program. Candidates can pursue UGC NET and start teaching information technology and coding college students. Another profitable option is to enter the private sector and apply for programming and developing profiles. Some of the profiles that open up after this course are as follows:
- Systems Support Administrator
- Security Agencies
- Security Expert
- IT Consultant
- Network Administrator
- Interface Engineer
- Web Developer
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmer
Salary after doing correspondence MSc. In Information Technology, Rs. can vary from 3 to Rs. 5.75 lakhs per year. Some private-sector jobs offer better pay in the growth profile. Experienced IT experts and consultants will get Rs. 8 lakhs or more per year depending on their skills.