Distance MA Education in Chandigarh offers M.A. Education or Master of Arts in Education which is a postgraduate course whose duration is generally of 2 Years with 4 Semesters. The duration and the semester system may vary as per institutes’ rules and regulations. M.A. Education is available in Regular and Correspondence mode of education. The course is supposed to be completed by a candidate in a minimum of 2 year time and in a maximum of 5 year time, this time may vary. M.A. Education is basically a theoretical course that focuses on the basic knowledge of theory and practice of educational thought and processes accumulated around the discipline of education.
It encompasses a series of BASIC subjects which are designed in a way to cover basics of all the areas of educational concern and many Advanced Courses (Theoretical or Applied) in areas demanding specialization of one or the other kind, followed by Research Dissertation. M.A. (Education) is not the same as M.Ed., though the terminology is alike; both are different and have their own prerequisites; however, the course contents are almost alike.
What is the Meaning of the M.A Distance Education Program?
The full form of M.A is a Master of Arts which is a postgraduate course and considered as a non-science subject. It encompasses literature, visual arts, performing arts, including drama, music, film, and so on. This online M.A course is available in many languages like Hindi, English, Foreign Languages, and English Languages. Moreover, this program of Arts involves examinations, lectures, and seminars which help students to learn their subjects in an easy manner.
When it comes to talking about M.A distance education course in Chandigarh, it is a course which is designed for those students or working individuals who don’t want to be a part of regular M.A. Behind this, there can be various reasons such as financial constraints, personal issues, health problems, family responsibilities, and much more. So, if you count yourself among the given above, without wasting a single moment, you should go with M.A correspondence learning course in Chandigarh. This will be the right decision for you to achieve a degree without attending regular classes of M.A. Actually, most of the students think that M.A distance education doesn’t provide quality study but it is a story. Correspondence learning is much better than land-based learning when it is about PG (Post-Graduation) or UG (Under Graduation) courses as it saves them time and money for prospective students.
M.A Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for admission in the MA correspondence learning course in Chandigarh will need to fit the eligibility criteria before applying. Applicants who are ineligible will be rejected at any time of the admission process and will not be entertained further. The following points are the eligibility criteria which is to be met by the applicant.
- Applicants should have successfully completed their Bachelor’s degree (preferably arts) of a minimum 3 or 4-year duration with its equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4). The bachelor’s or master’s degree should be from a university that is recognized by the UGC (University Grants Commission) of India.
- The Applicant needs to have a minimum of 55% aggregate at the graduation level. The cut-off varies from college to college.
- Before applying, applicants studying a three-year degree program will have needed to pass all subjects from the 1st to 4th semester, while applicants who pursued a four-year course, should have passed in all subjects from the 1st to 6th semester.
- Applicants need to note that if the information provided on the application is incorrect or misleading at any point in the admission process, the candidate’s admission will be canceled. Universities, institutes also reserve the right to take any legal action as considered fit.
M.A. Education Course Suitability
- The course is suitable for those who want to increase their educational qualification and get job promotions such as from teacher to lecturer and professor after certain prescribed tests and degrees.
- Candidate willing to run their own private schools is also suitable for it.
- Students should have good interpersonal and communication skills.
How is M.A. Education Course Beneficial?
- It offers a wider and more comprehensive understanding of education as a field of knowledge and serves the varied needs of a learner.
- It provides a higher level of specialization in specific aspects of education.
- It develops professionals for effective participation in different dimensions of education.
- One can pursue further higher studies like M.Phil. and Ph.D. degree programs.
- The Course meets the growing demand of experts in the fields of educational planning, teaching, and training at primary, secondary and tertiary education levels. New and emerging fields of educational management and administration also require the services of M.A. (education) graduates.
Why Choose MA Education?
Pursuing a Masters of Arts distance Education from Chandigarh can also help make you a better teacher. These degrees focus on teaching somebody how to be a teacher, with a heavy emphasis on pedagogy, teaching methods, philosophy of education, and educational technology.
When an undergraduate degree gives you knowledge of a certain subject MA in Education teaches you how to impart that knowledge to your students. Advanced degrees in teaching also incorporate the experience. Students will have the opportunity to teach in a classroom setting, under the supervision of an experienced teacher, while pursuing your degree. That way, when you graduate, you’ll have a deeper understanding of what it takes to become a teacher.
Schools need highly qualified, expert teachers to improve the quality of education, and an advanced degree tells a school that the candidates possessing this degree are a valuable and only knowledgeable teacher that will have a positive impact on your students.
Earning a Master’s of Arts in Education or Master of Arts in Teaching is also an excellent networking tool. As you go through your graduate career, you meet people who are professionals in their field, can impart wisdom and can even connect you with exciting opportunities.
MA Education Course Preparation Tips:
A candidate needs to have good skills and knowledge to qualify and graduate this course. Some of the tips to help develop to excel in the course are given below
Learn the syllabus once enrolled in the course: The copy of the syllabus can be downloaded from the respective college website. Having a brief knowledge of the syllabus can help one to know the depth of the subject which is included in the course.
Read Reference Books: Reading a lot of reference books which are essential for the knowledge of the course and helps the student to have an effective usage of the ideas and concepts gained so that it would be a lot easier for the student at the exam time.
Practice makes perfect: Candidates should practice and revise all the concepts before the exam so that the stress doesn’t make them feel like it would be a difficult task to be accomplished.
Scope of Pursuing a Master of Arts
There is a huge scope of pursuing MA correspondence learning in any specialization. For example, the students who have pursued MA distance education will have a different thought or an advanced point of view on a particular subject.
- A Master of Arts degree will give students a strong academic background which will be very useful for their career. It also offers students with good job opportunities.
- MA correspondence learning is like a gateway to pursue a doctorate. Students who have pursued masters can pursue doctorate because one of the main eligibility criteria to study doctoral programs are the students having a master’s degree.
- Students can master themselves in any field they like or are interested in like Economy, History, Archaeology, Education, Philosophy, Political science, Public relations, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, and Journalism, etc.
- Pursuing a master of arts course is like opening a door and finding yourself surrounded by opportunities in the field that a student wants to have a career in. A master’s degree helps the students to get more and better job opportunities.