Bachelor of Computer Application or BCA in distance education or BCA Correspondence in Chandigarh is a 3 years undergraduate degree in computer field BCA Institutes across the world. BCA in distance education correspondence course in Chandigarh. The basic objective of the BCA Distance Education in the Chandigarh program is a way for the computing courses for all the students, who have a 10+2 Pass out-degree or Certificate and are Eligible also interested in taking admission in computing/IT as courses from Distance Education. Are you interested in BCA in One Year then you are in the right way?
Bachelor of Computer Applications is a three-year undergraduate degree course in the field of computer applications/computer science. After BCA the students can do further studies as MCA master in computer application. It is a common degree for CS/IT in Indian universities and is an alternative to the engineering counterpart, BE/BTech in Computer Science/IT which takes 4 years. It is a technical degree that prepares students for a career in the field of computer applications and software development.
Correspondence BCA education in Chandigarh introduces students to the practical features of software development keeping in mind the needs and requirements of the IT Industry, thereby these BCA graduates have ample scope in the customer support team in making the software more user-friendly and easier for the clients to use.
Correspondence BCA education in Chandigarh is an excellent platform for those entering the computer profession and they are absorbed by corporate companies in such designations as Software Engineer, Software Consultant, Network Engineer, Database Administrator, Test Engineer, System Analyst, Programmer, Quality. Assurance Engineer, Technical Support Engineer.
About Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
With technological advancement and rapid growth in MNCs and IT, the need for computer professionals is growing day-by-day. Hence, BCA is an excellent career choice for those who have always been fascinated by the world of the computer.
Bachelor of Computer Applications is a three-year undergraduate course that deals with information technology and computer applications. The course imparts knowledge about different computer applications and how to solve and address the problems which arise from a computer and its applications. The course includes subjects such as core programming languages Java and C++, data structure, networking, and others. BCA provides various opportunities to the students who wish to pursue their career in IT and software.
The course is divided into six semesters and because of its popularity, it is available both as a regular degree and distance learning. Candidates can choose as per their interests and capabilities.
- The full form of BCA is Bachelor of Computer Application. It enables you to get both practical and theoretical hands-on training in computer applications and software engineering.
- The course is for those students who are interested in the computer science field and wish to gain knowledge in various aspects of computer applications like networking, software engineering, hardware engineering, website designing, etc.
- BCA provides and demonstrates in-depth knowledge in technical areas of industrial computing systems, which easily leads to the skills required to meet the challenges of the IT world.
- Some of the common BCA subjects include Discrete Mathematics, Database Management systems, Digital Computer programming, Computer Networks, Cloud Computing, etc.
- The course requires students to learn various important and latest software languages like JAVA, Oracle, C++, Python, and alike, which are huge in demand in the tech industry.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) Eligibility Criteria
- To pursue the BCA (Bachelors of Computer Application) course, the applicants will have to fulfill the given below eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have passed 12th in any stream or equivalent from a recognized board.
- The applicants must have acquired a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination.
- The applicants who are in their final year of degree can also apply for admission.
How to Prepare for the BCA Entrance Examination?
BCA entrance examinations basically cover 5 sections:
- Quantitative Ability
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
- General English
- General intelligence and reasoning
What are the benefits of doing BCA?
There are many benefits to pursuing BCA. The users get to know more about computers and other major subjects that help to get more information about the subjects. Some of the key benefits of doing BCA are listed below:
- The users may get more knowledge on the basics of the computer language.
- With this course, the students will be able to enhance their knowledge and
- Moreover, the users may be able to shape their career well by availing this course which helps the students to attract better job opportunities in the future.
- BCA correspondence courses help the students to more information on various terms and technologies that helps the users to get advanced and updated knowledge on various topics in computer.
Why study BCA?
There are plenty of reasons to study BCA. There is an utmost need for skilled professionals to serve and solve the various problems in the world of technology and IT in India. Most of the students prefer to study this course because of the following advantages:
- It opens a pool of job opportunities in various fields, especially in the IT sector.
- BCA is almost equivalent to the BTech course. The major benefit of opting for BCA correspondence learning is that it is a 3-year program whereas BTech is a 4-year course.
- A handful of colleges offer BCA specialization as well as in the field of Data Science, Data Analytics, and Computer Science.
- There is an opportunity for students to go for higher studies too like MCA, to add an extra edge and update their skills & experience, which leads to career development.
- Students become proficient in well-used programming languages such as JAVA, C++, Python, CSS, Linux, etc. and enhance your technical skills as well.
- An applicant with a BCA degree is in huge demand since manpower is continuing to get replaced by the systems and the need for good skillful experts and professionals is there to operate and function.
Points to keep in mind while preparing for BCA Entrance Exams
- Go through your entrance exam syllabus thoroughly and follow the time table to complete the full syllabus on time.
- You should have some background or knowledge in Computer Science and Applications so these questions are not completely new to you.
- Practice previous year question papers to keep a check on exam patterns.
- Identify your weak points and lay more emphasis on the same by practicing and regular revision.
- Make revision notes. It helps to revise the important topics before the exam day.
- Make your NCERT knowledge your strong point since Maths and Computer Science questions usually come from concepts taught in Class 10+2 level.
- For General Awareness, keep yourself updated with the latest news and current affairs.
The objective of Distance BCA education in Chandigarh
- Provide a strong academic base with a broad perspective for an advanced career in computer application.
- Develop student’s professional competencies in computer systems for key functional areas along with its designing and implementation.
- Develop competent professionals capable of addressing problems related to computer systems and their applications.
- Conceptual grounding in computing with practical business applications to develop entry-level professionals suitable for the ever-increasing demands of the IT sector.
BCA Future Scope
The job roles after a BCA course are diverse, and students can find career stability within 2-5 years of employment. The IT research industry is booming in India at a fast pace, and according to statistics the need for skilled professionals will double by 2025.
Hence, today is the right time to study BCA and become an expert in the technical field of programming, networking, architecture, etc. Apart from programming, students can also enter the non-programming files of IT such as testing, quality assurance, technical support, etc.
In terms of higher education, you can also go for post-graduation courses after successful completion of your BCA course, like BCA and MBA.
Some of the best courses after BCA are mentioned below:
- Master of Computer Applications: Master of Computer Applications, abbreviated as MCA is an advanced course of 3 years duration, that focuses to impart deep knowledge in the field of computer science and its applications.
- MBA in Information Management: This course is a management course in which BCA students can opt for if they are interested to study the fundamentals of information management. The common career options after finishing an MBA in Information Management are Account Manager, IT Manager, Business Development, etc.
- Master in Computer Management: Master in Computer Management or simply MCM is a specialized degree dealing with various features of computer management. It provides adequate knowledge and skills to plan, design, and implement complex application software systems.
Career Options and Job Prospects
After a BCA degree, there are various career options available for applicants across the country. Interested students can go for higher studies in the same field such as an MCA degree. It is a postgraduate degree in computer application. Various top colleges in India offer BCA degrees.
Students after completing the course have a lot of job opportunities in the IT and software field. With the boom in the technology arena, thousands of MNCs have invested in India. These companies are always on the hunt for trained computer professionals. Also, they can search for a job in private, public, banking, education, stock markets, insurance marketing, and e-commerce. An annual salary package of a BCA fresher is between Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh.
Below is the list of popular job roles after a BCA degree:
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Computer Programmer
- Software Developer
- Marketing Manager
- Business Consultant
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Finance Manager
- Computer Support Specialist
- Service Support Specialist