Bachelor of commerce or B Com is one of the most chosen degrees that people opt for from a distance education university. It is an Undergraduate course that is chosen by many students all over the country. The duration of a distance B Com course is 3 years and students who have completed their Higher Secondary Examination can get admission in the program.
The B.Com Distance Education degree is advanced to produce a student with a large range of managerial skills within a similar time, it builds competency during a clear part of business studies. So most universities, arrange the degree specified additionally to their importance, students are revealed to general business principles, taking courses in business management, economics, statistics, finance, marketing, human resources, accounting info systems.
A Bachelor of Commerce (B Com correspondence) is an undergraduate degree in commerce (or business) and linked subject, commonly awarded in Canada, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and other Commonwealth countries.
The courses offered are particularly created to help the students learn in-depth knowledge about finance and accounting. Moreover, students also get an opportunity to learn a lot more about tax, banking, statistics, commerce, and other segments of this sector of study.
B Com Syllabus: Subjects and Books
B Com syllabus is divided into six parts and each part consists of 6 to 8 subjects. For example, semester 1 of the B Com course contains 4 core and 2 additional subjects. A complete breakdown of the year-wise B Com syllabus is written below-
Year 1 – Financial Accounting, Business Organization, and Management, Principles of Microeconomics (Elective), New Venture Planning (Elective), Principles of Macroeconomics, Business Laws, Environmental Studies, Language [English/Hindi/Modern Indian Language], Business Mathematics & Statistics, Economics of Regulation of Domestic and Foreign Exchange Markets.
Year 2 – Income Tax Laws (Elective), Financial Markets and Institutions, Banking and Insurance, Corporate Accounting, Human Resource Management (Elective), Indian Economy (Elective), Industrial Laws (Elective), E-Commerce.
Year 3 – Personal Selling and Salesmanship, Cyber Crimes and Laws, International Business, Principles of Marketing (Elective), Training and Development (Elective), Computer Applications in Business, Principles of Marketing (Elective), Training and Development (Elective), Computer Applications in Business, Auditing and Corporate Governance, Cost Accounting, Advertising, Fundamentals to Financial Management, Business Communication, Consumer Affairs, and Customer Care.
B Com Distance Education: Eligibility and Admission
The documents that are needed for the admission process of B Com Distance Education are written below:
- Matriculation sheet of Class 12 Boards exam
- Certificate from the employer, for achieving relaxation in minimum marks in the case of teachers, Govt. employees, University employees, etc.
- Pass Certificate of Class 12 Board Exam
- Nativity, Community, and Income certificates in original (in the case of candidates related to SC/ST/OEC/OBC who are able for marks relaxation/fee concession)
- Self-addressed stamped 3 copies.
- Self-attested copy of the S.S.L.C/S.S.C page etc. mentioning the date of birth.
B Com Distance Education Admission
This undergraduate course giving the bachelor’s degree in commerce stream is extremely suitable for the working students and other occupied people, as well as to those people who live in remote rural places or are economically too poor to afford a campus-based B.Com course in modern areas. This lavish B Com correspondence education admission makes sure of both a powerful and duly recognized bachelor’s degree in commerce and a rather progressive career in all sectors related to this discipline.
The following are the most notable and impressive features connected with this prosperous bachelor’s degree course in Commerce offered by the Distance Education Department of renowned Chandigarh:
- This B Com correspondence learning course is taken using online means by highly knowledgeable and well-experienced teaching faculties. Properly and flawlessly printed study materials are also provided to undergoing students.
- The course curriculum and the contact hours with the learners will be selected as per the rules of the teacher.
- The Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) Coordinators will offer well-rounded learning support to the learners.
- B Com distance admission process is evoked and fully responsible to the students.
- The B Com Distance Learning admission is also available through the lateral entry method.
- The course duration will be of six semesters i.e three years, just like the regular on-campus mode.
- There is no age limit for joining this distance-learning B Com course, and the choices students can efficiently proceed at their own individual paces in their respective locations.
- And most important, the distance fee structure is just reasonable and affordable by all.
Why should you choose B Com?
- B Com stands at the top 3 places among the most chosen after academic courses of all time. Nowadays, most of the students choose a B Com course because of the following reasons:
- Various Career Options: B Com graduates get several career options to choose from. The options range from choosing a professional course like CA and CS to choosing for higher education options such as PGDM or MBA.
- Diverse Job Opportunities: After graduation students get the chance to work in sectors like accounting, auditing, tax advisory services, financial services, commercial banking, and many other high-profile sectors. B Com gives various job profiles and job areas where a person can work after doing their degree. Some notable professions are – accountant, operations manager, financial analyst, account executive, etc.
- Higher Salary: Due to various job profiles and job areas to opt from, you will be able to earn a handsome salary package. The salary may vary from sector to sector. Moreover, if you have any previous experience then that will obviously help you in getting a gainful pay chance.
- Variety of Industries: A B Com student gets an opportunity to explore different industries like – Banks, Advertising Firms, Corporates, Consultancy, Hotels, Sales and Marketing, Human Resource, Foreign Trade, etc. after graduation.
- Top Recruiters: Students with a Bachelor of Commerce degree get the chance to work with many top companies like Nokia, EY, ICICI Bank, Microsoft, IBM, Nestle, Sony, Deloitte, ITC, Wipro, HCL, HP, etc
- Entrepreneurship: After doing the course many opt to be an entrepreneur. This is due to the reason that a B Com graduate has knowledge about accounts, tax, marketing, finance, and insurance which aids them in starting a small-scale (MSME) business and work towards attaining their goal of being a successful entrepreneur.
What after B Com: Jobs and Scope in India?
According to the prospects of the course, it is clear that the course provides many job opportunities for B Com graduates along with options in academies as well. The course also gives a plethora of additional chances and career options. Students, however, are advised to opt for a profession according to their skills and interests. Interactive career options after B Com opt by the majority of the student population consist of-
- Master of Commerce (M Com): Most of the students choose M Com after the successful doing of their B Com course. However, It is always recommended to go for further studies after choosing this course or it won’t turn out to be that advantageous. Like its forerunner, M Com also gives several specializations to choose from.
- MBA: As you already know, MBA is one of the most popular postgraduate courses in India as well as in foreign countries. It gives different job opportunities and is highly preferable for all those who want to work in the corporate world.
- Financial Risk Management: it is comparatively underrated as compared to other courses after B Com, FRM has a lot of job opportunities in the national as well as international market. This is due to the factors like – Market size, Company spends, etc. The course also focuses on internship (generally 6 weeks) and assured placements. This is one of the institutions that offer this professional course at a reasonable cost.
- Cost Accounting from Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI): Known as the cost accounting course, it gives one with job profiles like Financial Controller, Cost Controller, Chief Accountant, Chief Internal Auditor, and many more.
Job opportunities after B Com
Accountant– An accountant gets ready assets, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and checking account information.
Tax Consultant – Tax consultants, also known as tax advisors, are professionals in tax law, planning, and compliance. They get ready tax returns for their clients and also make sure that the tax liability is minimized.
Bank PO – A bank probationary officer is responsible for the supervision of clerical work, making decisions, managing cash balances, etc. A Bank PO checks all the work that is done in a bank.
Event Manager – An event manager plans and organizes promotional, business, and social events. Besides running events, they make sure that the target audience is set and the message is spread properly.
Commodity Trader – A good trader works as an individual or a business entity and focuses on investing in physical substances like oil, gas, gold, crops, etc. Commodity traders also deal with raw materials.
Bookkeeper– A bookkeeper’s jobs consist of posting information to accounting journals and managing invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices.