Distance MA Education in Ambala: The Master of Arts in Education is a 2-year postgraduate course consisting of 4 semesters of study. Anyone with a Bachelor’s degree in 10 + 2 + 3 formats can adopt this course. Education graduates have many opportunities in both the private and government sectors.
The Master of Arts in Education is available to candidates in both distance and full-time education modes. The correspondence MA education curriculum is theoretical and focuses more on the development of education curricula and education policies.
MA Education Course:
The MA in Education or Master of Arts in Education is a postgraduate course. The duration of the MA course is typically 2 years with 4 semesters. The duration and semester system can vary according to the rules and regulations of the institutes. An education postgraduate course deals with concepts in which education can be taught to students with the help of technology and conceptual methods in a simple way.
MA Education is available in regular and correspondence mode of education. The MA course must be completed by a candidate in a minimum of 2 years time and a maximum of 5 years time, this time period may vary. MA Education is a master’s education which is a different course according to different colleges/universities.
There are many MA Education job opportunities after the completion of the course. The admission procedure for MA Education varies from universities/colleges.
What is MA Education Course:
The MA is a full-fledged Master of Arts. MA education is basically a theoretical curriculum that focuses on the basic knowledge and practice of the theory of education and the processes accumulated around the discipline of education. It covers a range of basic subjects designed to cover the basics of all areas of academic concern and many advanced courses (theoretical or applied) in areas seeking one or the other type of specialization. , Followed by research.
MA Education is not the same as M.Ed, though the terminology is alike; both are different and have their own prerequisites; however, the course contents are almost alike.
Eligibility Criteria For Distance MA Education in Ambala
- It is an ideal course for aspirants who have completed a Bachelor of Arts Degree from a recognized University. But BA is not a mandatory criterion for applying to MA.
- Candidates with an undergraduate degree can apply for the same. The general cutoff of 50%.
- There are some entrance exams conducted by the colleges or universities for getting admission to MA, Then candidates are going to have a personal interview.
- After clearing these criteria successfully, the candidate can get admission to the respective university or college.
Why Choose Distance MA Education in Ambala?
- You can also help make Master of Arts Education (MA English) a better teacher. These degrees focus on teaching someone how to be a teacher, with a heavy emphasis on pedagogy, teaching methods, philosophy of education, and educational technology.
- When a bachelor’s degree gives you knowledge of a certain subject, MA in Education teaches you how to impart that knowledge to your students. Teaching also includes advanced degree experience. Students will have the opportunity to teach in a classroom setting, under the supervision of an experienced teacher, while pursuing their degree. In this way, when you graduate, there is a deep understanding of what to do to become a teacher.
- Schools need highly qualified, expert teachers to improve the quality of education, and an advanced degree tells a school that the candidates possessing this degree are a valuable and only knowledgeable teacher that will have a positive impact on your students.
- The Master of Arts in Teaching or Master of Arts in Teaching is also an excellent networking tool. As you go through your graduate career, you meet people who specialize in their fields, can impart knowledge, and even connect you with exciting opportunities.
- Students pursuing their correspondence MA in Education meets a lot of people during their semesters as student teachers. Some may go on to work at the schools they taught in once they graduate.
- There is so much competition in the job market right now in India that having a master’s degree really helps in getting a higher paying job as compared to just a Bachelor’s degree.
- The main learning outcome of the course is to provide a better understanding of the subject and gain deeper knowledge so that students can apply those skills and knowledge in the real world.
- The teaching method is no longer just classroom training. Students are required to do project work in the form of internships and compulsory training to conduct research and submit well-written assignments and obtain related work experience, which subsequently helps to land a good job.
- Students are also required to attend seminars and workshops as a part of their curriculum which enhances their academic and professional experience.
- After completing the correspondence MA course, students can expect an average salary of around INR 3-6 LPA across various private sectors.
Distance MA Education in Ambala Admissions
There are many ways to do MA. Candidates who are unable to pursue a regular degree in Masters may opt to do an MA through correspondence. Students wishing to pursue the course must first check the eligibility criteria of the specific college and apply for the course (if eligible). Candidates will be shortlisted or selected on the basis of their performance in the Graduate and Entrance Examination (if any).
Check below to know about the various methods that can be used to pursue a master of arts degree.
Regular College: One of the preferred ways to study a master of arts is through regular college. There are many colleges and universities in Ambala that offer the same. However, eligibility criteria and fees may vary in different ways. Students will get placements just after completing the degree.
Correspondence: People have different names for this method of study: open-learning, correspondence, distance learning. This method is convenient for students who are doing different things. Working students prefer open-learning as it helps them to balance their learning and work skills. The best part of distance education is that students do not have to leave their jobs to do MA.
Evening Colleges: As the name suggests, these are the type of college that conducts classes in the evenings. This method of study is useful for students who are working and who do not want to leave their jobs to pursue higher education. Evening classes are beneficial as soon as they fall under the regular college category.
Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
A Masters of Arts degree enables you to master the course in which you have completed your graduation, therefore it requires some basic preparation since most of the exams are subject knowledge-based.
Hence, your subject knowledge should be strong and you should possess basic general awareness. Other than this, you should be comfortable with answering MCQ-based questions within a limited time.
- Make a proper timetable and follow it regularly to cover the full syllabus on time.
- Attempt previous papers and sample papers for a better understanding of the exam structure.
- Observe the previous year’s question papers to catch up with the changing pattern every year.
- Practice and appear for online mock tests. You are expected to give at least 8-12 mock tests to get a hold of the exam pattern.
- Since almost all the top colleges admit students on the basis of performance in the entrance exams, therefore prepare for the exam well in advance and give your best shot for the best results.
- Go through the top colleges and screen a few of them in which you are interested to apply for the MA course.
- Make sure you have applied to the course within the application deadline.
- For direct admission, you should have higher marks in Bachelor’s degree. Also, prepare well for the Personal Interview round to impress the panelist.
Scope of Pursuing Distance MA Education in Ambala
- There is a huge scope of pursuing an MA in any specialization. For example, the students who have pursued MA will have a different thought or an advanced point of view on a particular subject.
- A Master of Arts degree will give students a strong academic background which will be very useful for their career. It also offers the students with good job opportunities.
- MA is like a gateway to a doctorate. Students pursuing a Masters’s may pursue a doctorate because one of the main eligibility criteria for studying doctoral programs is that students have a master’s degree.
- Students can master themselves in any field they like or are interested in like Economy, History, Archaeology, Education, Philosophy, Political science, Public relations, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, and Journalism, etc.
- Pursuing a master of arts course is like opening a door and finding yourself surrounded by opportunities in the field that a student wants to pursue a career. A master’s degree helps students obtain more and better job opportunities.
Job Types after Distance MA Education in Ambala
- Human Resource Manager
- labor-management Relations Specialist
- Business Consultant
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Marketing Manager
- Social Worker